Campus / Organization:
University of Hawaii at Manoa/Shidler College of Business
We are so excited to be in Spring 2020, and to continue to offer entrepreneurial events, programming, and resources to UH students and faculty. Our mission is to support those who wish to explore entrepreneurial pursuits and hone an innovative and problem-solving mindset.
Below are just some of the exciting activities we’ve been sharing in our classroom presentations.
- General Counsel Wendy Peterson and Partner Jeffrey Van Hoosear, attorneys with Knobbe Martens, will share their current knowledge about trademarks, copyrights and patents.
Thursday, January 23
4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in sPACE, Shidler Room E402
The event is free and open to all UH students and faculty.
- PACE is proud to organize the 20th annual UH Venture Competition (UHVC), sponsored by HEI Charitable Foundation and Hawaiian Electric. The UHVC is an intense, semester-long, experiential program that provides hands-on education, mentorship and resources to students, who seek to learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur and start a business venture. This is a team competition that requires at least one classified UH student.
Learn more HERE
- PACE continues to host co-Finder, a business-focused series of mixers to help you find your perfect match for business. Meet others from across the UH System, share ideas, skill sets, and interests with the intent of forming startup teams. The mixers are free and open to all UH students and faculty from any program of study.
1st mixer in Spring:
- Friday, January 24.
- 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in sPACE, Shidler Room E402
- The 1/24 mixer will include an informational session about the Spring 2020 UH Venture Competition, which requires a team of 2 to 5 people. This is the perfect opportunity to find teammates.
- RSVP HERE
- If you’re looking for guidance on a business idea or startup issue, meet with a PACE Professional-in-Residence during a face-to-face appointment. Experts rotate every Wednesday afternoon and offer advice in their specific area of expertise – funding, finance, marketing, law, business modeling, and social enterprise. Schedule an appointment HERE.
- Meet Cindy Wu, co-Founder of Jelly and Experiment.com. Listed as one of Forbes’ 30 under 30, Cindy is a scientist at heart, who was frustrated and compelled to build a platform to make science funding and science findings accessible to everyone. Hear her entrepreneurial story at this first Entrepreneurship Live speaking event in Spring 2020.
- Friday, February 7
- 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. in sPACE, Shidler College Room E402
- RSVP HERE