The only college on the island serving Kaua’i residents, offers business, technology, hospitality, health, early childhood education and liberal arts courses. Located on the lush “Garden Isle” of Kaua’i, the Kaua’i Community College campus is a social and cultural center, as well as a popular visitor destination.
It also administers the UH Center on Kaua‘i, which provides students an opportunity to obtain baccalaureate and graduate degrees and certificates from other institutions within the UH System. The college’s Office of Continuing Education and Training serves the island’s lifelong learners and business community with non-credit courses and customized training.
Kaua’i Community College provides a transfer-level liberal arts education, but also offers a variety of vocational and professional training programs. Four-year and graduate degrees are offered through the University Center.
Kaua’i Community College Creative Media, Associate of Science Degree program
No prior experience is needed to earn Kaua’i CC’s Creative Media, Associate of Science Degree
Suggested Course Path
Fall Semester 1
- ART 112 – Introduction to Digital Arts (3 credits)
- ART 125 – Introduction to Graphic Design (3 credits)
- ENG 100 – Composition I (3 credits) – Fulfills Communication category
- ETRO 101 – Introduction to Electronics Technology or ICS 101 – Digital Tools for The Information World (3 credits)
- ART 101 – Introduction to Visual Arts or CM 156 – Writing for Media (3 credits)
Spring Semester 2
- ART 107D – Introduction to Digital Photography (3 credits)
- CM 110 – Introduction to Music Production (3 credits)
- CM 120 – Introduction to Digital Video (3 credits)
- CM 170 – Introduction to Event Technology (3 credits)
- CM 180 – Introduction to Website Technology (3 credits)
Fall Semester 3
- CM 190 – Introduction to 3D Animation (3 credits)
- Creative Media Electives – Choose two of the following: (ART 101, ART 113, ART 207D, CM 156, CM 210, CM 220, ENT 125, ETRO 101, ICS 101)(6 credits)
- Natural Environment: A.S Core Options
- Social Environment: A.S Core Options
Spring Semester 4
- ART 293 – Internship (3 credits)
- Creative Media Electives – Choose two of the following: (ART 101, ART 113, ART 207D, CM 156, CM 210, CM 220, ENT 125, ETRO 101, ICS 101) (6 credits)
CM 191 – Intermediate 3D Animation (6 credits)
- Cultural Environment: AS Core Options (3 credits)
- Mathematics: MATH 100 or higher (3 credits)
Total credits: 60
- ART 101 – Introduction to the Visual Arts – 3 credits
- ART 113 – Introduction to Drawing – 3 credits
- ART 207D – Intermediate Digital Photography – 3 credits
- CM 156 – Writing for Media – 3 credits
- CM 210 – Intermediate Music Production – 3 credits
- CM 220 – Intermediate Digital Video – 3 credits
- ENT 125 – Starting a Business – 3 credits
- ETRO 101 – Introduction to Electronics Technology – 3 credits
- ICS 101 – Digital Tools for the Information World – 3 credits
For more information, please visit the Kauai CC, Creative Media Associate of Science Degree program website, or contact Stephen Watkins: email@example.com
The Creative Media program provides students with a comprehensive introduction to a variety of digital communication disciplines: Event Technology, Music, Photography, Video, Animation, Graphics, and Website Design. Featuring accomplished industry experts, advanced computer labs, and professionally equipped studios, Kaua‘i Community College’s Creative Media program guides students to develop viable industry benchmark skills. Important components of the program are the Creative Media Consortium, which connects industry experts with students to facilitate career opportunities and continuous curriculum improvement, and a commitment to service in the community, matching student teams to work with real non-profit clients on Kauai to develop new digital materials.
Students may earn certificates in Creative Media to provide job upgrades and entry-level skills, or an Associate of Science (A.S.) Degree in Creative Media. After earning an A.S. Degree students may continue to UH West O‘ahu to obtain a Bachelor of Applied Science Degree with a concentration in Creative Media or a Bachelor of Arts in Humanities with a concentration in Creative Media.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs):
- Use design elements and principles to create professional creative media projects.
- Skillfully and safely operate creative media equipment.
- Demonstrate mastery-level skills using creative media software applications.
- Practice professional, ethical and legal principles.
- Develop objectives for new projects and measure the effectiveness of completed projects.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
Contact an Advisor
Creative Media Program Coordinator