Campus / Organization:
Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation
University of Hawaii - Manoa
WE ARE HIRING!
- Graphic Design
- Social Media
- Flexible Hours
- Good Pay
- Great Experience
● At least two years of experience in graphic and/or web design and/or related field, or equivalent education/training (samples required)
● Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and other design applications and Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with a willingness to learn.
● Experience with editing images, audio and video content, especially for online delivery.
● Proficient in posting to social media, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and/or others that will build OVPRI online presence and engagement.
● Understanding of brand development, marketing trends, and reputational management.
● Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and
accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
● Ability to take direction and follow all office procedures
● Deadline-oriented, highly creative, self-motivated and takes initiative
● Possesses excellent time management skills, works well under pressure, and upholds a sharp attention to detail
● Demonstrated responsibility and reliability for meeting deadlines and maintaining excellent communication with colleagues
● Demonstrated ability to resolve a wide range of complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner
● Experience working on social media campaigns
● Proficiency with digital photography and editing
● Experience in marketing copy writing, including social media posts
Join the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) to support various research and innovation outreach initiatives. Gain real-world experience and build an extensive work portfolio by helping to create marketing materials, assisting with coordinating related events and outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Social Media | Manage the OVPRI and Climate-Resilient Food Innovation Network (CliRFIN) social media accounts, which may include but is not limited to:
Developing and implementing a social media campaign to boost followers and
Researching and curating a calendar of dynamic social media posts, which may
be more frequent around major announcements and events
Tracking, measuring and reporting social media engagement
Analyzing social media impact on other outreach initiatives (i.e. announcements, events, public relations, research magazine etc.)
● Collateral | Design collateral materials for OVPRI, which may include but are not limited to:
Creating slide deck templates and/or designing presentations
Designing and/or laying out collateral materials (i.e. infographics, one-pagers,
Developing and/or designing webpage content
● Events | Supporting event coordination (i.e. conference, meetings, and/or receptions), which may include but not be limited to:
Researching and confirming venues
Drafting and distributing invitations, reminder and follow up emails
Managing reception/check-in including coordinating RSVP lists, registration,
parking validation as necessary, etc.
Assisting with photography/videography at events
firstname.lastname@example.orgApply For Position