Title: Lecturer, CC (Creative Media)
Position Number: pending
Hiring Unit: Language Arts and Humanities
Location: Kaua’i Community College
Date Posted: March 27, 2019
Closing Date: Continuous
Salary Information: Minimum $1,569 per credit hour. Rate may be subject to change.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Other Conditions: Part-time, for placement on lecturer candidate pool, contingent on availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. Day, evening, or Saturday offerings, on- and off-campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, to conduct courses in Creative Media.
- Maintain office hours of at least one hour per week for each course taught
- Prepare course outlines and reports related to teaching and student progress.
- Work under supervision of department chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- Student and peer evaluations and self-assessment of teaching effectiveness are required.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance learning.
- Commitment to community college principles and philosophy is essential.
- The college strongly emphasizes the “open door” concept and serves a diverse student and community population.
All degrees must be earned from an accredited institution. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- a) Master’s in Fine Arts in Studio Art with the specialization in new media art or a related area of study (i.e. design, animation, digital art, digital media, multi-media, computer graphics, film, etc) and one year related industry experience or b) any Master’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study and three years related industry experience; or c) any Bachelor’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study or five years related industry experience; or d) any Associate’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study and seven years related industry experience.
- Successful community college teaching experience.
- Ability to use writing assignments and integrate teaching of appropriate thinking skills into course content as an integral part of students’ classroom learning activities.
Application Submission: Click on the “Apply” button to complete an application and attach the following required documents.
1) Official graduate and undergraduate transcript(s) showing degree and coursework to date appropriate to the position (copies of official transcripts are acceptable; however, original official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.) Transcripts must be attached to receive credit for degree(s). Official transcripts are required at the time of hire. Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc., verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. Expense of the evaluation shall be borne by the applicant.
2) Statement outlining how you meet minimum (and desirable, if applicable) qualification;
3) one or more signed, original letters of recommendation attesting to job performance and personal character;
All minimum qualifications must be met by the effective date of appointment. The application will be considered incomplete if material is unreadable. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
808-245-8229Apply For Position