Faculty and Students engaged in production must review the following Procedures and Policies for Student Use of Production Equipment, Insurance Coverage, and State Film Permitting Requirements


Academy for Creative Media System

Standard Operations Policies & Procedures (SOPP) – Request for Certificate of Insurance  |  Form  |

Location Release Form


University of Hawaii Manoa Academy for Creative Media

Access Policy and Procedures


University of Hawaii West O’ahu Academy of Creative Media

Access and Procedure Policy

Interior On-Campus Location Release Form

Exterior On-Campus Location Release Form

Release of use of Likeness

Actor Release

UHWO ACM project check list

Student verification

State of Hawaii Film Office – Permits and Procedures and Applications

Film permits and insurance are required for all filming activity, commercial, educational or non-profit projects which take place within the State’s jurisdiction.  Film permits are not required for photography or video that is only for personal use or which takes place on private property.  Please see the link above for more detail.