Title: Instructor, CC (Digital Media)
Position Number: 84968
Hiring Unit: Hawaii Community College
Date Posted: May 6, 2019
Closing Date: May 28, 2019
Salary Information: C2C09, Minimum $4,507.00 per month
Monthly Type: 9 Month
Tenure Track: Tenure
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
General funds, to begin approximately August 2019, pending availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. This assignment may include teaching on- and off-campus, day or evening classes, weekend classes, and distance education assignments using multiple teaching methodologies. Position may be converted from 9 to 11 months or 11 to 9 months based on operational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, teach a wide range of transfer level classes in digital arts: digital imaging, digital drawing/illustration, graphic design, interface design, 2-D and 3-D animation.
- Develop curriculum.
- Facilitate equipment purchase and maintenance activities in these areas.
- Develop teaching strategies, instruction materials, and methods that use computer in instruction.
- Related work activities include, but are not limited to, academic advising of students, assisting in campus related student activities.
- Participate in department, college and community service, and in-service training as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain an approved program of professional self-improvement.
- Collect data and prepare reports, prepare/revise/assess course objectives and student learning outcomes at the course, program and college levels.
- Independently plan, organize and carry out instruction and non-instructional assignments.
- Maintain office hours.
a) Master’s in Fine Arts in Studio Art with the specialization in new media art or a related area of study (i.e. design, animation, digital art, digital media, multi-media, computer graphics, film, etc) plus 1 year related industry experience. OR
b) Any Master’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study plus 3 years related industry experience. OR
c) Any Bachelor’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study plus 5 years related industry experience. OR
d) Any Associate’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study plus 7 years related industry experience.
- Teaching experience at the community college level, as substantiated by student and peer evaluations, with a strong teaching background in digital imaging, digital drawing/illustration, graphic design, interface design, 2-D and 3-D animation.
- Extensive knowledge of computer graphics applications including Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Muse, Animate CC, Character Animate, After Effects and Premiere. In addition, extensive knowledge of other graphics software including Final Cut Pro, Maya and/or Sketchup, ToonBoom, Screencasting, and Online Learning Management Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in both MAC and PC computing environments.
- Experience with teaching in a multicultural setting.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with peers, administrators, and members of the business community.
- Ability to acquire, administer, and do grant reports.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated commitment and/or experience promoting equity and a diverse workforce/academic environment.
- Demonstrated commitment and/or experience supporting the success of students.
Application Submission: Click on the “Apply” button to complete an application and attach the following required documents.
- A Copy of your academic transcript(s) appropriate to the position are required in order to verify all courses completed and/or degree conferred (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).Transcripts must be attached to receive credit for degree(s). Official transcripts are required at the time of hire. Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc., verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. Expense of the evaluation shall be borne by the applicant;
- Statement outlining how you meet minimum (and desirable, if applicable) qualification;
- Names and contact information of three (3) references familiar with your job performance;
Letters of recommendation are welcome. All minimum qualifications must be met by the effective date of appointment. The application will be considered incomplete if material is unreadable. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.
808-934-2518Apply For Position