Windward Community College offers innovative programs in the arts and sciences and opportunities to gain knowledge and understanding of Hawai‘i and its unique heritage. With a special commitment to support the access and educational needs of Native Hawaiians, we provide O‘ahu’s Ko‘olau region and beyond with liberal arts, career and lifelong learning in a supportive and challenging environment — inspiring students to excellence.
Windward Community College is accredited by the Association of Community Colleges and Junior Colleges, which is part of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The Academic Subject Certificate in Art: Drawing and Painting consists of 21 credits. At least half of the classes must be taken at WCC.
- ART 113 Introduction to Drawing
- ART 114 Introduction to Color
- ART 115 Introduction to 2D Design
- ART 123 Introduction to Oil Painting
- ART 213 Intermediate Drawing
- ART 214 Introduction to Life Drawing
- ART 224 Painting from Life
Certificate of Competence in Web Support Courses:
- ICS 107: Web Site Development
- ICS 123: Introduction to Audio and Video Editing
- ICS 208: Website Design
In addition, the drawing and painting faculty strongly recommend that the student complete:
- ART 101 Introduction to the Visual Arts
- ART 111 Introduction to Watercolor Painting
- ART 270 Introduction to Western Art
The purpose of this Academic Subject Certificate in Drawing and Painting is to provide pre-professional training for students planning careers in the Visual Arts in the areas of drawing and painting. The certificate would meet the goals of students who plan to (1) transfer to a 4-year institution and earn a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (BFA) and/or, (2) become a professional artist exhibiting in galleries and completing portraiture commissions, and/or, (3) enter a career in commercial art.
- Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Make accurate drawings and paintings from observation.
- Apply the visual elements of line, shape, light and shadow, color, texture, and the design principles of balance, rhythm, focal points, implied movement, and unity in works of art.
- Draw the human figure accurately and expressively.
The Information Computer Science Certificate of Competence in Web Support is a competency based program designed for the novice or professional information worker who has little to no experience in Web support. This certificate is appropriate for upgrading the Web skills of industry members or for administrative support occupations.
- Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Design a professional website with Web tools.
- Upload the website with interactive Web components.
- Modify and update the website and add new components as needed.
- Develop and produce a published product.
Contact an Advisor
Information pendingContact an Admission Specialist