Title: Media Design and Production (Media Specialist)
Position Number: 0077615T
Hiring Unit: College of Education, Curriculum Research & Development Group
Date Posted: May 17, 2019
Closing Date: June 03, 2019
Salary : salary schedules and placement information
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Temporary/Permanent: Temporary – Not to Exceed: June 30, 2020
Other Conditions: Revolving and/or Special funds. Appointment to begin July 2019. Renewal contingent upon availability of funds, department and program needs, ans satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a Multimedia Designer for the CRDG Marketing & Publication Services (MaPS);
- Creates and designs audio and video products for presentations, website, and professional development courses;
- Deploys, develops, and maintains CRDG website and associated webpages, including reviews and recommendations concerning subject area content;
- Assists with the design of video projects for curricula and marketing products in CRDG;
- Plans for and ensure that web-based and other publications and products meet accessibility needs by persons with disabilities (Section 508);
- Produces graphics for digital and print publications and productions;
- Supports design layouts for digital and print materials;
- Designs products for external clients related to publications;
- Supports applications for external funding and carries out specific duties as related to external grants and contracts;
- Supervises undergraduate student assistants or interns as appropriate;
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Education, graphic design, web design, or related field and 3 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for web design and multimedia communication; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the production of web-based and other multi-media materials as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with web-based and other multimedia design and production.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Experience post-processing images, audio and video content, especially for online delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of Section 508 standards.
- Proficient with either Windows or MAC operating systems.
- Experience in photography and/or videography for web or print media.
- Technical skills and experience administering LMS systems.
- Experience in video design and production work in Adobe Premier Pro or other similar production software.
- Experience with the operation of multimedia and video production equipment.
Submit cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications, resume, names and contact information (including email addresses) of 3 professional references, and official transcripts (copies acceptable; however, official transcripts are required upon hiring).
808-956-4939Apply For Position