Thaden School offers an integrative educational program that provides students with a broad foundation in the sciences and humanities, enabling them to move across disciplines and explore their dynamic connections, inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our core curriculum,
we offer three signature programs — Wheels, Reels, and Meals — that allow students to combine multiple fields of study and engage with our community in ways that foster a sense of civic and global responsibility.
Thaden School’s Reels program carries students deep into the region’s extraordinary resources for the study and creation of film, photography, and other forms of visual media. This program engages not only the humanities and creative arts, but also the scientific, commercial, and cultural forces that set pictures into motion. While creating film and other forms of visual media, Thaden students learn how to bring critical distance to the consumption and production of the images and visual stories that saturate our world.
The specific responsibilities of the Film Education Specialist will include:
• Teaching two to four courses of middle and/or upper school Reels
• Collaborating with faculty on the integration of the Reels program into other parts of Thaden’s curriculum
• Developing related programs and projects that promote community engagement
• Helping to maintain the physical infrastructure needed to support the program
Experience and Qualifications
• Expertise in post-production and video as a fine art (other optional areas of expertise include post-fx, graphic design, video game design)
• Ability to design and implement age-appropriate programs for students in grades 6-12
• Ability to work effectively with educators in a wide range of academic disciplines
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Excellent verbal and written skills
Please submit applications to email@example.com.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and vision statement that explains how the candidate would approach the development of Thaden’s Reels Program, including illustrative examples of potential programs, projects, and activities.
The start date must be no later than August 3, 2020.
Thaden is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, age (18 or older), religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, and sexual orientation.
4792685321Apply For Position