Campus / Organization:
American Advertising Federation Hawaii
Call for Applicants:
The American Advertising Federation Hawaii “Shining Star” Scholarship is open to current full-time students of a Hawaii college or university and majoring in Advertising or an Advertising-related field such as Graphic or Web design, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, etc. Download the rules and application form.
A one-time amount of $2,000 to be used for school-related expenses.
College undergraduates who are currently enrolled as full-time students at an accredited college or university in Hawaii.
- Applicants must be majoring in (or for high school seniors, declaring a major in) an communications related field, including but not limited to advertising, graphic or web design, broadcasting, communications, film, video production, journalism, marketing, new media or public relations
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (must submit a copy of their current college transcript and provide verification that they are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the state of Hawaii)
- Short essay (250 words or less): “Why should you be the recipient of the AAF-Hawaii Shining Star Scholarship?”
- A brief interview with members of AAF-Hawaii’s Board
The AAF-Hawaii Board will select the winners. Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of academic achievement, need, demonstrated leadership, participation in school and community service activities, honors and other awards or recognition, work experience and statement of goals and aspirations, and unusual personal and/or family circumstances.
Dates to Remember:
|September 20, 2016||Call for Applicants announced|
|October 21, 2016, 5:00 p.m. HST||Application Deadline (see required materials list below)|
|October 24-27, 2016||Review of Applicants, Interviews|
|November 4, 2016
|| Finalist selected
|November 4, 2016||Awardee notified|
|November 17, 2016||Winner Announced at the Black & Gold Fundraiser|
The following items must be submitted to email@example.com by October 21, 2016, 5 p.m. HST:
- Your fully completed 2016 Shining Star Scholarship Application (download the application)
- Your essay on why you should receive the AAF-Hawaii Shining Star Scholarship
- A valid transcript from your accredited college or university in the state of Hawaii
- Verification that you are currently enrolled as a full time student at an accredited college or university in the state of Hawaii
NOTE: If you applied for the Spring 2016 Scholarship and would like to be considered for this Scholarship, you do not have to submit all new materials. Simply send an email indicating you’d like to be considered again, provide an updated essay (optional) and send an current transcript.
Failure to thoroughly and accurately provide the required application items will result in the removal of the applicant from the selection process.
Contact Jennifer Tanabe at (808) 566-0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and good luck!
(808) 566-0880Apply For Position