Campus / Organization:
Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment
The CAPE New Writers Fellowship (CNWF) discovers and nurtures emerging writers launching their careers in television and film. Founded and co-chaired by Emmy Award-winning creator and Showrunner Leo Chu and veteran film and TV executive Steve Tao, CNWF is one of few programs created by a creative and an executive. This immersive Fellowship arms each writer with the practical and business knowledge they need to succeed as a professional writer in the entertainment industry.
Over several weeks, CAPE brings in top television and film writers, producers, agents, managers, and executives for a series of intimate panels, workshops, and discussions. The Fellowship also features a Writing Lab where each Fellow is matched with a high-level industry mentor to help them revise their original script into professional level writing samples to get them noticed and land that all-important first staff job.
The Fellowship typically runs each year in early spring. Each Fellowship session and Writing Lab meeting takes place on weekday evenings – Pacific Time – for approximately 3 hours, twice a week.
Deadline: October 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT G-mail address required to apply.
Each application consists of:
- Complete, original script with all identifying information removed.
- General Release Form (one release for each script submitted)
- Rules & Conditions Form
- $65 non-refundable application processing fee paid via PayPal HERE
(Please save receipt as PDF for proof of payment)
CLICK HERE for to review a sample application form
- All applicants must be 18 years or older and should be consistent with CAPE’s mission to champion diversity by educating, empowering, and connecting Asian American and Pacific Islander artists and leaders in entertainment.
- Only original screenplays or pilot scripts by unproduced writers and/or writers who have not been previously staffed will be considered.
- All script submissions should be full-length screenplays or television pilots, in standard industry format, written in English, and stripped of identifying information, including on the title page, footer and header.
- We accept submissions from individual writers and from writing teams of two people. Writing teams should be committed to working as a team for their career beyond the submitted script.
- If selected, writers must be available to attend every virtual sessions. Sessions will be held on weekday evenings in Pacific Time. No exceptions.
- Selected fellows must workshop the original script that was submitted for consideration. We highly advise that the submitted script should reflect the genre/category of writing the writer wishes to pursue professionally.
- Applicants do not have to reside in Los Angeles area but MUST be a citizen of the United States or have the legal right to accept paid work in the United States. CAPE is unable to sponsor work visas and/or does not assist with legal matters in any way.
To see original announcement.
If you have any additional questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions.
^image courtesy of CAPE
email@example.comApply For Position